A couple of years out of college, I went from making $100,000 at my corporate gig to burning through my nest egg, getting over $20,000 in debt, and having to move back in with my parents.
Talk about Highs to Lows.
It was my fault though, I did it to myself.
See, in 2010 I was ridiculously unhappy. I was seated at my cubicle throne for 10 hours a day making damn good money, but stuck, bored, tired, and simply losing who I truly was as a human being. After trying everything from meditation to self-medication, I finally had enough. My life was no different with all the money in the bank, and spending the best years of my life selling financial products to elderly, rich people couldn’t be more of the “wrong path” for me.
In 2012 I left my job and set out on a quest to build a location independent, passive income business. After all the failures in Chapter 1, I proceeded to pick myself up, dust myself off, and build a business that does over $900k in sales per year and takes me roughly 5 minutes per day to run. Life is about continuing to hack away at the tree, chip away at the stone, and chase what you set out to do…at all costs. And while the first chapters of my story we’re not exactly what I was looking to do, I kept at it no matter the cost. The space between the start and the success has been a long, winding road and I plan to use this blog to start documenting the tactics and methods I used in order to get to where I am at, but first, here some of the highlights of my journey so far:
- My second month out of work I did over 5k in revenue on eBay. This was all the way back in 2012 and was/still is the quickest and easiest way to start making money online. These we’re the good ole days in my Quest. I wish my eCommerce journey never went on hiatus after I achieved this, but that’s what we call hindsight. And we don’t look in that direction. I was too foolish to notice really good things when they came my way back then. I was jumping around and grabbing at what ever it was that might be the next best thing and this got lost in the wind temporarily. I missed out on about 3 years of growth by doing so. Se la vie.
- I once owned the biggest dump of a duplex in America ever. This is not an exaggeration. We had shoot outs in the driveway, police calls about drug use, and tenants in the back house stealing cable form the tenants in the front house. It was a total nightmare, but in turn allowed me to learn how to actually make debt and real assets work to build wealth.
- I started a mildly successful digital marketing firm named after my Alma Mater. I’m convinced this period in my life had to happen for me in order to get to where I am today. Because of this stint running a web design and marketing company, I learned how to outsource EVERYTHING, get insane quality design done, build super quick websites and sales funnels, manipulate SEO, succeed at paid advertising, and was taught numberous other very valuable life lessons. Like the next bullet point…
- In 2014, my ex-business partners threaten to sue me, all which amounted to the single worst (but possibly greatest) year of my entire life. There is nothing like the world totally collapsing from underneath you and all you can do is pray for the pummeling to end. I was out of alignment. I wanted out of Florida. I was totally done trying to sell websites and SEO. I had enough, and the letter from that Attorney was the straw that broke the camel’s back. However, it launched me into action. It was time to get on with it and start to become the person I knew I could. I moved across country to Denver. I quit the marketing business. I adventured and explored. I experienced being broke. I got a delivery boy job just to pay rent. I moved back across country to Asheville. I started this blog. I made some money. I started my eCommerce business. And the rest is history. I climbed a mountain that year. It felt terrible this at first, but in the end it was really fucking worth it.
- I once bought a horse. (I know…WTF?) Look. I thought I was cool. I was this fancy pants guy who was taking risks and building businesses. I wanted a chance to get at every little thing thrown my way and this horse was supposed to be an undervalued asset that could be trained, give lessons everyday, and make passive income. Sigh. I didn’t no how to say no to things (easily one of the most valuable skills you can develop). Learn from my mistakes and don’t do that kind of thing please. Study. Evaluate. Prepare. Learn. Then Leap. And don’t get into things that you have no possible way of gaining expertise in. I wasn’t going to learn to ride or train a horse ever, so I had no business being in this situation at all.
- And finally…I actually achieved true Freedom. Kind of. If I want to be free forever, I have a long way to go, but the Rocketship is most certainly in orbit. My current business is doing close to a million dollars in revenue on autopilot, allows me to travel completely free, and looks like it has the potential to lead in to much bigger, more lucrative territory. That tiny eBay business finally came back from the dead and ended up freeing my life, my time and my existence. I am currently using this new found free time to continually expand the scope of my income and freedom. If you would like to see some more of the things I’m working on creating, you can check them out here.
- “Systems” are my favorite thing in the whole world. I don’t care about the business niche, business model, or business partners. I can get excited about developing the systems to run any sort of business, regardless of all other factors involved.
- Freedom (the kind we all are seeking) is mostly impossible without residual income.
- Trust your gut. Not your brain. We as humans over think things. Not your heart, it will lie to you in moments of lust and excitement. Your gut. That damn thing that is “always right”. You know exactly what I am talking about. In my honest opinion, this is what sets apart the successful people from the unsuccessful and the happy people from the miserable people.
- Knowing someone who can do something is far better than knowing how to do it yourself.
- The universe is like water. It flows and you can swim through it if you simply understand that you actually can. You can bend it to your will and get to exactly what you want, where you want, and when you want so long as you learn how to properly use it.
So this all leads to the ultimate question of why you are here. Or why should you stay? Why should you keep coming back? What can you expect?
Last time I did this blogging thing I NEEDED the money badly, and that creates a weird dynamic. I was broke and digging deeper into debt everyday. All I was ever thinking about was how can I write in order to send people to something that’s going to make me money, or how can I structure this into something to sell. That shit sucks, and I’m happy to say I don’t have to do that anymore. My other business ventures make more than enough to survive, so this time around this blog is running simply as a method to learn and grow with you guys, as opposed to “How can I make money off of you?” I don’t need you for that anymore. I need this on a far more deeper level now. I need this for you and me in the thick of things together, trying to figure out where in the world we are and what the hell we’re supposed to do next.
That being said, I’m totally going to try and make money off of you. Honesty is the best policy, right? All joking aside, I’ve spent a lot of time in the trenches so far, and I plan on spending a lot of time putting those experiences into words and videos so you can do one of two things: learn from them…or at the very least get a good laugh at my expense. I am mining the secrets of the internet in order to create the truest form of freedom possible. It’s my life goal. It’s my passion. I’m learning new things everyday, experiencing new ways to extract money from the web, and I’m only guessing if you continually read my content you’re interested in doing that too. I’m giving a ton of it way to you because of the more important things mentioned in this post, but there will be affiliate links on this site, and maybe some things you might have to buy to get access to.
I will document my journey, show you the secrets I stumble upon, outline my failures, and give you a platform to build upon. I will hit the speed bumps so you don’t have to and give you the keys to the system as soon as I have figured one out. I hope that eventually, this whole experiment sees this site turn into a guide for you on your quest, to show you different tips, tactics, and skills to help you build a business that allows you to live the lifestyle you want (and deserve) without having to go through all the bullshit I did. I want to educate you on how to develop the freedom to do what you choose, start micro businesses quickly and easily, and generate income from anywhere in the world…and I’d be honored if you joined me in the rest of my Quest.
Besides business topics, you can expect some woo woo type stuff on this site too, along with a whole lot of motivation, realness, me admitting my nervousness, understanding, calm, charisma, good vibes, transparent frustration, unabashed bravado, excitement, highs, lows, happiness, warrior mindsets, good habits, admission of bad habits, fun, adventure and whatever other thoughts and emotions a 33 year old, conscious, meat-coated skeleton can have. That’s what humans do. We love, we hate, we try, we scream, we fight, we forgive, we try again, we fail, we hate, we scream, we love, we fight, we succeed, we fail, we try some more, we love some more, we cry, we grow, we make love, we create, we succeed, we celebrate, we live.
And we choose.
And that’s what makes everything about being here and alive today so awesome. We can choose to hate these aspects of the human condition, or we can fall deeply in love with them and in turn fall deeply in love with ourselves. And you choose that, every waking moment. I think that deep down inside there is something inside of us dying to be unleashed. And I want you to let it loose. I want you to be you and make no apologies for it. Often times circumstance keeps those things stuffed deep down, burning your inner soul inside dying to rage out. Unleash that inner maniac, and make good company with him or her.
With all of that in mind, I really am just here doing this again to meet people. I am craving connection and I hope that we can have a good time, some great chats, and some epic experiences together. I have the money and the time and the freedom already, what I need now are the relationships. I need this to find other weirdos just like me, neat little earthlings who actually feel the same way I do about life and things and work and experience and creation and love and existence. And if you’re vibing with what I’m saying, come find me and let’s rap a little bit about life and how we can make it the best possible small blip in time ever. This is a growth process and I hope that by doing this, I vicariously help you to grow, help you learn something, or inspire you to create something incredible out of your own life.
Thanks for being here.